April 4, 2020
Let’s give a virtual partner WOD a try! This is a two-person WOD, but can be completed solo. If you are doing this with a partner, hopefully the two of you already decided on a time and how you’re going to communicate during the WOD (Google Hangout, Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, traditional call, etc.). Here are the rules for the WOD:
1. You will need 3 pieces of equipment – something to step up on (ideally this should be something stable and tall enough that when one foot is on the ground and the other is your step up device, your upper leg will be parallel to the ground), something weighted, with which to perform single arm thrusters (a full paint can, a brick, a backpack filled with books…), and some way to keep track of the time (WOD Timer app, the stopwatch on your phone, a big analog clock).
2. One person works at a time for an entire 30 seconds.
3. Partners alternate (work/rest) every 30 seconds (if solo, you work for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds).
4. There are 10 two-minute blocks, in which only one movement will be completed, i.e. 0:00-2:00 – step ups, 2:00-4:00 sit ups, 4:00-6:00 no-pushup burpees… and so on, as described below. (partners switch every 30 seconds and and then change the movement every 2 minutes)
4. Complete as many reps as possible in the 30 seconds you are working and keep track of your reps.
5. Communicate with your partner so you keep track of the clock and when to switch
6. Your score is the total number of reps.
Every 0:30 for 20 Minutes
0:00-2:00 Min Max Rep Step Ups
2:00-4:00 Min Max Rep Sit-ups
4:00-6:00 Min Max Rep No-Pushup Burpees
6:00-8:00 Min Max Rep Single Arm DB/KB or Odd Object Thruster (switch arms as needed
8:00-10:00 Max Rep Pushups
10:00-12:00 Min Max Rep Step Ups
12:00-14:00 Min Max Rep Sit-ups
14:00-16:00 Min Max Rep No-Pushup Burpees
16:00-18:00 Min Max Rep Single Arm DB/KB or Odd Object Thruster (switch arms as needed
18:00-20:00 Max Rep Pushups